Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £15.71Trending at £18.79
- £117.40Trending at £126.00
- £6.34Trending at £6.52
- £6.09Trending at £7.99
- £6.99Trending at £9.03
- £7.49Trending at £10.22
- £23.44Trending at £34.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis work shows how the first edition of the Syriac New Testament illustrates how Syriac and other Oriental languages were received in the West by Catholic Kabbalistic scholars. The contribution of Egidio da Viterbo and Guillaume Postel is emphasised.
- Author BiographyRobert J. Wilkinson, Ph.D. (2004) in History, University of the West of England, read Oriental Studies at Cambridge. He is Research Fellow at Wesley College, Bristol, U.K. His Kabbalistic Scholars of the Antwerp Polyglot Bible (Brill) is appearing as a companion volume.
- Author(s)Robert J. Wilkinson
- Date of Publication31/10/2007
- GenreChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleStudies in the History of Christian Traditions
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 137
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight534 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.