All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £14.01
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £4.46Trending at £4.98
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.77Trending at £12.34
- £11.98Trending at £15.18
- £11.90Trending at £13.27
About this product
- DescriptionOrigin of Potassiumrich Silicadeficient Igneous Rocks
- Author BiographyDr. Alok K Gupta was born on December 25, 1942. He received his PhD from the University of Pittsburgh (USA), and conducted his post-doctoral studies at the following Universities: Pittsburgh (USA, three years), Western Ontario (Canada, three years), Ruhr (Germany, one year), Hokkaido (Japan, two years), Melbourne and Tasmania Universities (Australia, one year each). He had been Visiting Professors at the Universities of Texas (USA) and Bristol (UK). He had been the Founder Director of the National Centre of Experimental Mineralogy and Petrology and Founder Head of the Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences, University of Allahabad. He is presently an Emeritus Professor and the Raja Ramanna Fellow of the Atomic Energy Commission. Dr. Gupta has received many awards in his distinguished career, such as Career Award (University Grants Commission), Shanti Swaroop Bhatanagar Prize (C.S.I.R), Rhode Memorial Award (Indian Science Congress Association), Best Teacher Award (Allahabad University), Jawaharlal Nehru Birth Centenary Lecture Award of the Indian National Science Academy and Birbal Sahani Gold Medal (Indian Science Congress Association). He is a fellow of all the three National Science Academies of India. He had been Vice-President of both Indian National Science Academy and National Academy of Science (India). He had been an associate editor of the Proceedings Earth and Planetary Sciences (Indian Academy of Sciences) and Managing Editor of the Journal of National Academy Science Letters.
- Author(s)Alok Krishna Gupta
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication11/11/2014
- GenreEarth Sciences
- Series TitleSpringer Geology
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note229 black & white illustrations, 50 black & white tables, biography
- Weight997 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2015 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.