All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £14.28Trending at £16.40
- £13.30Trending at £14.98
- £36.44Trending at £39.48
- £12.06Trending at £12.61
- £10.99Trending at £15.69
- £18.94Trending at £19.25
- £10.50Trending at £11.83
About this product
- DescriptionJonathan Black's name appears first in the previous edition.
- Author BiographyDr. Kevin L. Ong is a senior managing engineer in Exponent's Biomedical Engineering practice. He holds degrees in mechanical engineering (B.S. and Ph.D., Cornell University). His area of interest is in product design evaluation and failure analysis of medical devices. Dr. Ong has received two awards from the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons for his research on clinical outcomes, as well as an award from the British Orthopaedic Research Society/British Orthopaedic Trainees Association for his research in hip resurfacing. Dr. Ong also currently holds a visiting research professor appointment at the Drexel University School of Biomedical Engineering, Science and Health Systems, Philadelphia, PA. Jonathan Black, FBSE, adjunct professor of biomedical engineering (Cornell University), holds degrees in physics (BS, Cornell University), engineering science (ME, The Pennsylvania State University) and metallurgy (biomaterials) (PhD, University of Pennsylvania). Before his appointment as the first occupant of the Hunter Chair of Bioengineering at Clemson in 1988, he was for 17 years a member of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Pennsylvania with a secondary appointment in the Department of Bioengineering. In 1992-5, he was a Senior Visiting Fellow in the IRC for Biomaterials at Queen Mary and Westfield College (London, UK), with support from an SERC Fellowship. In 2011, he was appointed adjunct professor of biomedical engineering at Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA. Dr. Scott Lovald holds degrees in mechanical engineering (B.S. and Ph.D., University of New Mexico), manufacturing engineering (M.E., University of New Mexico), and business (M.B.A., University of New Mexico). He is currently a senior associate in Exponent's Biomedical Engineering Practice. His past experience has included various positions focused on medical implant design and research. Immediately prior to working at Exponent, Dr. Lovald initiated and directed the research, seed funding, design, manufacturing, FDA 510(k) clearance, and post-market study Investigational Review Board approval of a novel trauma system that has been the subject of numerous peer-reviewed journal publications and subsequently introduced into a Level I trauma center.
- Author(s)Jonathan Black,Kevin L. Ong,Scott Lovald
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication12/02/2014
- GenreSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note165 black & white illustrations, 51 black & white tables
- Weight997 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.