All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first comprehensive look at Japan's otaku collectors, including peeks inside their rooms and visits to their favorite stores.
- Author BiographyPatrick W. Galbraith: Patrick W. Galbraith is a Ph.D. candidate in the Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Information Studies at the University of Tokyo. His research is focused on the impact material conditions have on fantasy, specifically how shifts in modes of capitalism and consumption impact otaku culture in Japan. His primary ethnographic field site is Akihabara in eastern Tokyo. He has worked as a freelance journalist specializing in Japanese popular culture since 2004, which culminated in his writing The Otaku Encyclopedia (Kodansha 2009)and co-founding Otaku2.com. His work has appeared in to Metropolis magazine, Otaku USA and on CNN Go. Androniki Christodoulou: Androniki Christodoulou is a freelance photographer in Tokyo. She moved to Japan after working as a photographer for the Athens Olympic Committee during the summer Olympics of 2004. She was born in Thessaloniki, Greece.
- Author(s)Patrick W. Galbraith
- PublisherChin Music Press
- Date of Publication29/03/2012
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChin Music Press
- Content Note50 color photographs
- Weight614 g
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Photographs byAndroniki Christodoulou
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £8.07
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.