All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDeveloped by and for the RSC, this new edition of Shakespeare's classic tragedy includes an introduction from Jonathan Bate, interviews with directors Trevor Nunn and Michael Attenborough and actor Anthony Sher, and suggestions for further reading, to offer new perspectives on one of Shakespeare's best-loved plays.
- Author BiographyJONATHAN BATE is Professor of Shakespeare and Renaissance Literature, University of Warwick, UK, and the editor of The RSC Shakespeare: The Complete Works. He has held visiting posts at Harvard, Yale and UCLA and is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature, a Fellow of the British Academy, an Honorary Fellow of St Catherine's College, Cambridge, and a Governor and Board member of the Royal Shakespeare Company. A prominent critic, award-winning biographer and broadcaster, he is the author of several books on Shakespeare, including The Genius of Shakespeare (Picador), which was praised by Sir Peter Hall, founder of the RSC, as 'the best modern book on Shakespeare.' In June 2006 he was awarded a CBE by HM The Queen 'for services to Higher Education'. ERIC RASMUSSEN is Professor of English at the University of Nevada, USA, and the Textual Editor of The RSC Shakespeare: The Complete Works. He is co-editor of the Norton Anthology of English Renaissance Drama and has edited volumes in both the Arden Shakespeare and Oxford World's Classics series. He is the General Textual Editor of the Internet Shakespeare Editions project - one of the most visited Shakespeare websites in the world. For over nine years he has written the annual review of editions and textual studies for the Shakespeare Survey.
- Author(s)William Shakespeare
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication26/08/2009
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleThe RSC Shakespeare
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight252 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byEric Rasmussen,Jonathan Bate
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £34.31Trending at £39.85
- £6.80Trending at £8.99
- £11.81Trending at £13.06
- £2.81Trending at £3.42
- £4.99Trending at £5.17
- £7.37Trending at £9.99
- £5.99Trending at £8.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.