Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £24.56Trending at £25.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- DescriptionIn this major intervention into the 'Asian Century', Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak challenges the reader to re-think Asia, in its political and cultural complexity, in the global South and in the metropole.
- Author BiographyGayatri Chakravorty Spivak's reputation was first established with her translation of and preface to Jacques Derrida's De la grammatologie in 1976. Subsequently, she helped to establish the field of postcolonial studies and became a leading postcolonial theorist. Her key publications include In Other Worlds (1987), The Post-Colonial Critic (1990), Outside in the Teaching Machine (1993), and A Critique of Postcolonial Reason (1999).
- Author(s)Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication03/12/2007
- GenreCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight546 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.