All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £20.99Trending at £22.49
- £30.68Trending at £40.79
About this product
- DescriptionOriginal spanish-language edition of Otras cartas a Milena published by Ediciones UNION in Havana, 2003.
- Author BiographyBorn in Cuba in 1952, Reina Maria Rodriguez is the author of more than thirty books of poetry and prose, including Las fotos de la Senora Loss, La detencion del tiempo/Time's Arrest (bilingual edition), Bosque negro, and Violet Island and Other Poems (bilingual anthology). She is a two-time winner of the prestigious Casa de las Americas prize for poetry, having also received multiple Julian del Casal and National Critics' Awards. She was awarded the Italo Calvino award for her first novel. In 1999 Rodriguez was named a Chevalier of the Order of Arts and Letters in France. In 2013 she won Cuba's National Literature Prize and in 2014 won the Pablo Neruda Ibero-American Poetry Award. Kristin Dykstra translated Reina Maria Rodriguez's La detencion del tiempo/Time's Arrest and co-translated Rodriguez's Violet Island and Other Poems. She also translated two books by Omar Perez, and her translations of complete poetry collections by Juan Carlos Flores and Angel Escobar are forthcoming from the University of Alabama Press. Dykstra was the recipient of the 2012 National Endowment for the Arts Literature Translation Fellowship.
- Author(s)Reina Mar Rodriguez
- PublisherThe University of Alabama Press
- Date of Publication20/12/2014
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationAlabama
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Alabama Press
- Edition Statement3rd ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.