Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.15
- £16.56Trending at £24.93
- £22.52Trending at £23.11
- £21.48Trending at £23.39
- £20.99Trending at £24.92
- £31.22Trending at £32.33
- £28.95Trending at £29.73
About this product
- Author(s)Peter C. Scales
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/09/2012
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleSearch Institute Series on Developmentally Attentive Community and Society
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight574 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2003
- Table Of Contents1. Adults' Real Relationships with Young People.- 2. Parents, Other Adults, and Responsibility for Positive Child and Youth Development.- 3. The Nature and Operation of Social Norms.- 4. How Content and Culture Influence Adults' Sense of Reasonable Responsibility for Young People.- 5. Personal and Collective Action to Raise Healthy, Caring, Competent Young People: Defining Reasonable Responsibilities and Expectations for All Adults.- 6. Engagement with Kids: An American Consensus on Core Adult Actions.- 7. Normative Fragmentation: The Disappearance of Consensus.- 8. Multiple Normative Americas: The Differences among Us.- 9. Strategies for Increasing Adult Engagement with Other People's Kids.- Appendix A: Study Methodology.- Appendix B: Forced-Choice National Survey Questions.- Appendix C: Hypothetical Situations Posed for In-Depth Interviews.- Appendix D: Sampling Tolerance.- References.- About the Author.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.