All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the 1960s, a significant effort has been underway to program computers to see the human face and to develop automated systems for identifying faces and distinguishing them from one another - commonly known as Facial Recognition Technology. This book focuses on the politics of developing and deploying these technologies.
- Author BiographyKelly A. Gates is Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication and the Science Studies Program at the University of California, San Diego.
- Author(s)Kelly A. Gates
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication23/01/2011
- GenrePopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Series TitleCritical Cultural Communication
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £3.85Trending at £4.49
- £8.24Trending at £9.94
- £4.82Trending at £7.48
- £12.80Trending at £16.95
- £14.67Trending at £21.99
- £9.16Trending at £9.49
- £6.02Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.