All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2001 Dame Thora Hird celebrated her 90th birthday. This book offers an opportunity to celebrate the life, career and influence of the country's favourite female entertainer.
- Author BiographyMorris Bright is a broadcaster, producer and author. His most recent work for the BBC is Mr Carry On - The Life and Work of Peter Rogers. His book, Last of the Summer Wine - The Finest Vintage, spent four weeks in the UK Top Ten non-fiction charts and to date has sold in excess of 30,000 copies. Thora Hird, one of Britain's best-known TV personalities, was born in Morecambe, Lancashire, the daughter of theatrical parents. She began acting when she was twenty and has had a highly successful film career as well as starring in many TV comedies. She presented Praise Be! for many years and in 1993 became a Dame of the British Empire.
- Author(s)Morris Bright
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication01/09/2001
- GenreBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Ltd
- Out-of-print date20/04/2005
- Content Noteillustrations, (some colour )
- Weight726 g
- Width299 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £13.80Trending at £19.93
- £17.38Trending at £17.89
- £18.07Trending at £21.68
- £13.77Trending at £19.01
- £13.69Trending at £18.61
- £13.25Trending at £18.99
- £13.25Trending at £15.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.