All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a portrait and intellectual history of novelist and filmmaker Ousmane Sembene. This book offers a comprehensive biography of Sembene and contributes a critical appraisal of his life and art in the context of the political and social influences on his work.
- Author BiographySamba Gadjigo is Professor of French and African literature at Mount Holyoke College. He is author of Ecole blanche, Afrique noire: L'image de l'ecole coloniale dans le roman africaine francophone and editor of Ousmane Sembene: Dialogue with Critics and Writers. He has directed a documentary on Sembene's film, Moolaade.
- Author(s)Samba Gadjigo
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication06/05/2010
- Language(s)English & English
- GenreBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note5 b&w illus.
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Translated byMoustapha Diop
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £8.07
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.