Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.91Trending at £24.43
- £26.30Trending at £26.79
- £28.79Trending at £29.11
- £56.98Trending at £57.71
- £20.30Trending at £26.91
- £35.88Trending at £49.84
- £23.85Trending at £31.78
About this product
- DescriptionAffirms the importance of recognizing gay and lesbian social issues within the arena of public anthropology Explores critical concerns of gay activism in a variety of global settings, from the U.S. , the European Union, Singapore, Nigeria, India, Nicaragua, and Guadalajara.
- Author BiographyEllen Lewin is Professor of Women's Studies and Anthropology at the University of Iowa. She is the author of Lesbian Mothers: Accounts of Gender in American Culture (Cornell University Press, 1993) and Recognizing Ourselves: Lesbian and Gay Ceremonies of Commitment (Columbia University Press, 1998), and the editor of Inventing Lesbian Cultures in America (Beacon Press, 1996) and of Feminist Anthropology: A Reader (Blackwell, 2006). With William L. Leap, she has co-edited two volumes of essays on lesbian and gay anthropology, Out in the Field: Reflections of Lesbian and Gay Anthropologists (University of Illinois Press, 1996) and Out in Theory: The Emergence of Lesbian and Gay Anthropology (University of Illinois Press, 2002). William Leap is Professor of Anthropology at American University. He is the author of Word's Out: Gay Men's English (University of Minnesota Press, 1996), and editor of Public Sex, Gay Space (Columbia University Press, 1999) and co-editor of Speaking in Queer Tongues: Globalization and Gay Language (University of Illinois Press, 2004). With Ellen Lewin, he has co-edited Out in the Field and Out in Theory .
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/04/2009
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleReadings in Engaged Anthropology
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps, figures
- Weight648 g
- Width175 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byEllen Lewin,William L. Leap
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.