All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOut of Action is the sequel to the best-selling Fireforce: One Man's War in the Rhodesian Light Infantry . Part 1, War, chronicles Chris Cocks' final 16 months of combat in the Rhodesian bush war, as a stick leader in PATU, the Police Anti-Terrorist Unit.
- Author BiographyChris Cocks was born in Salisbury, Rhodesia in 1957 and served three years and 28 days as a combat NCO with 3 Commando, the Rhodesian Light Infantry (the RLI, an airborne/airmobile unit), from 1976 to 1979. He was then offered a farming job in the country's Lowveld; however, the army refused to countenance a waiver of call-ups, so he attested into the British South Africa Police and spent the remaining 14 months of the bush war as a PATU (Police Anti-Terrorist Unit) stick leader and avoiding the Military Police. He moved to Johannesburg in 1996 and stumbled into a publishing career, specializing in southern African military history. He has written four books: the bestselling Fireforce: One Man's War in the Rhodesian Light Infantry, its sequel Out of Action, a steamy novel Cyclone Blues, and co-wrote The Saints, the RLI's history. He is the historian for The Rhodesian Light Infantry Regimental Association and edits its magazine, The Cheetah.
- Author(s)Chris Cocks
- Publisher30 Degrees South Publishers
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- GenreBiography: General
- Place of PublicationJohannesburg
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- Imprint30 Degrees South Publishers
- Content Note75 colour photos, 3 maps
- Weight680 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £7.89Trending at £9.09
- £4.75Trending at £4.85
- £20.06Trending at £22.92
- £12.30Trending at £13.51
- £4.45Trending at £6.56
- £13.80Trending at £20.55
- £10.30Trending at £12.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.