All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresident Jimmy Carter, this edition features a new foreword by Lachlan Forrow, president of The Albert Schweitzer Fellowship.
- Author BiographyAlbert Schweitzer (1875-1965) won the Nobel Prize for Peace in 1952. Although he was highly gifted in science, theology, and music and as an author, Schweitzer dedicated the last six decades of his life to medicine and to a hospital he founded with his wife, Helene Breslau, in French Equatorial Africa, the Albert Schweitzer Hospital in Lambarene, Gabon. A true humanitarian, he used his Nobel Prize stipend to expand the hospital and to build new facilities for leprosy patients. The Johns Hopkins University Press published several of Schweitzer's books, including The Quest of the Historical Jesus, The Primeval Forest, and The Mysticism of Paul the Apostle.
- Author(s)Albert Schweitzer
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication11/06/2009
- GenreAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note13 Halftones, black and white
- Weight363 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Translated byAntje Bultmann Lemke
- Foreword byJimmy Carter,Lachlan Forrow
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement60th Anniversary Edition
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £7.82Trending at £9.11
- £13.80Trending at £20.41
- £17.38Trending at £22.94
- £18.07Trending at £21.70
- £13.77Trending at £18.99
- £13.69Trending at £18.63
- £13.23Trending at £18.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.