All listings for this product
Best-selling in Transport
Save on Transport
- £9.49Trending at £9.68
- £16.47Trending at £22.37
- £9.96Trending at £10.92
- £7.60Trending at £8.13
- £10.99Trending at £12.45
- £15.31Trending at £17.00
- £14.70Trending at £19.99
About this product
- DescriptionProvides the definitive history of the state of Pennsylvania's incredible canal and railroad system. Although often condemned as a colossal failure, this construction effort remains an innovative, magnificent feat that ushered in modern transportation to Pennsylvania and the entire US.
- Author BiographyRobert J. Kapsch, PhD, Hon. AIA, ASCE, spent fifteen years as the Chief of Historic American Buildings Survey/Historic American Engineering Record, the U.S. government's premier documentation program, and has served as project engineer for many historic restoration and rehabilitation projects along the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal and other parks. He is the author of several books and articles on historic architecture and engineering, including The Potomac Canal: George Washington and the Waterway West; Historic Canals and Waterways of South Carolina and CANALS, the Norton/Library of Congress Visual Sourcebook in Architecture, Design and Engineering. He and his wife, Perry, live on a farm in Poolesville, Maryland, along with their three dogs, three horses, four donkeys and other assorted animals.
- Author(s)Robert J. Kapsch
- PublisherWest Virginia University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- GenreTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationMorganstown
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWest Virginia University Press
- Width229 mm
- Height254 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.