Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £7.70Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by wordery
- Est. delivery by 1 Oct
- £2.81Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by better_world_books_uk
- Est. delivery by 2 Oct
Consider these sponsored items
- £7.70Was:£10.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA clinically proven self-help approach to pain management.
- Author BiographyFrances Cole (Author) Dr Frances Cole was a GP and pain rehabilitation specialist. She developed the first UK primary and community care pain rehabilitation programme based on cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) principles in 1996. She developed a pain health needs assessment tool that won an NHS Modernisation award in 2005 and gained an NHS National Clinical Leaders Award in 2011. Frances is a past chair of the British Pain Society Pain Management Programme Special Interest Group whose current focus is on multidisciplinary pain management. Her current work is on digital self-management tools for pain including apps.Helen Macdonald (Author) Helen Macdonald is the author of Overcoming Chronic Pain, along with Frances Cole, Catherine Carus and Hazel Howden-Leach. She is a cognitive behavioural psychotherapist and obtained a Master's Degree in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy, with a dissertation examining the effectiveness of assisted self-help for chronic pain. She was recognized as a Chartered Health Psychologist in March 2004.Catherine Carus (Author) Catherine Carus is the author of Overcoming Chronic Pain, along with Frances Cole, Helen Macdonald and Hazel Howden-Leach. She is a registered physiotherapist currently teaching at the University of Bradford, and she specializes in the assessment and management of musculoskeletal conditions.Hazel Howden-Leach (Author) Hazel Howden-Leach is the author of Overcoming Chronic Pain, along with Frances Cole, Helen Macdonald and Catherine Carus. She works at the University of Liverpool's School of Tropical Medicine as Educational Technologist/Technical Advisor, with respect to the development of health-related educational materials.
- Author(s)Catherine Carus,Frances Cole,Hazel Howden- Leach,Helen Macdonald
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication25/08/2005
- GenreCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleOvercoming Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobinson Publishing
- Weight234 g
- Width200 mm
- Height132 mm
- Spine22 mm
Most relevant reviews
- kyla19222 Mar, 2017by
Got some good tips
This book was recommended to me by my pain clinic as there is nothing more that can be offered to me..so I figured when your desperate you will try anything, I bought it feeling quite negative however on reading it I must say it is full of good tips and information and I have gained alot from it..I dont think it has altered my pain but may be opened my eyes to how I deal with it differently.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- sharon69shaz03 Nov, 2016by
Great insight into chronic pain with lots of ideas to help you cope with it.
After getting this book from my local library I decided to buy my own copy as there is so much information and advice on all aspects of chronic pain. It covers everything from possible causes to ways to deal l with it so you can improve your quality of life by giving scenarios of peoples pain, how it affects their lives and how they work towards improving things , all set out in a workbook formula.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- dp.000030 Jul, 2011by
ideal for people that wish for information. good value at 99p
good side. Very good book, giving you lots of idea's with your meds and telling you how you can keep a track of how you are doing . I bought it because my GP told me about it.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.69Trending at £3.80
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.97Trending at £10.47
- £8.24Trending at £11.94
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
- £8.95Trending at £15.99