All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.81
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £20.00
- £7.73Trending at £10.48
- £7.12Trending at £8.99
- £8.66Trending at £8.76
About this product
- DescriptionOvercoming OCD: A Journey to Recovery is a mother's account of her son's tumultuous road to recovery from severe OCD. In addition to being a memoir, the book weaves expert commentary throughout, making it a useful guide for all those whose lives have been touched by OCD.
- Author BiographyJanet Singer is an advocate for OCD awareness, with the goal of spreading the word that OCD, no matter how severe, is treatable. Six years ago, her son Dan suffered from OCD so debilitating he could not even eat. Today, thanks to exposure and response prevention (ERP) therapy, he is a young man living his life to the fullest. Janet writes regularly for Psychcentral.com as well as Mentalhelp.net, and has been published on many other web sites including Beyond OCD, Anxiety and Depression Association of America, and Mad in America. She has also been an invited speaker at OCD conferences. She started her own blog, ocdtalk (www.ocdtalk.wordpress.com) in 2010 and it currently reaches readers in 162 countries. She uses a pseudonym to protect her son's privacy. Seth J. Gillihan, PhD, is a clinical assistant professor of psychology in the Psychiatry Department at the University of Pennsylvania, and a visiting assistant professor of psychology at Haverford College. Dr. Gillihan was on the faculty at the Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety at the University of Pennsylvania from 2008-2012. His research publications include articles and book chapters on the effectiveness of cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) for OCD, anxiety, and depression, how CBT helps people to get better, and the use of brain imaging to study psychiatric disorders. Dr. Gillihan's clinical practice is located in Haverford, PA.
- Author(s)Janet Singer,Seth Gillihan
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication22/01/2015
- GenreCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight499 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.