All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £16.54Trending at £21.11
- £7.71Trending at £8.78
- £13.75Trending at £15.23
- £10.22Trending at £13.57
- £7.42Trending at £9.97
- £7.52Trending at £7.68
- £9.00Trending at £10.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe first general introduction to Ovid written in English in over 20 years, this book provides a unique and accessible introduction to the complete works of Ovid. Using a thematic approach, Volk lays out what we know about Ovid's life, presents the author's works within their poetic genres, and discusses central Ovidian themes.
- Author BiographyKatharina Volk is Associate Professor of Classics at Columbia University. She is the author of The Poetics of Latin Didactic: Lucretius, Vergil, Ovid, Manilius (2002) and Manilius and his Intellectual Background (2009) and the editor of Seeing Seneca Whole: Perspectives on Philosophy, Poetry and Politics (with Gareth D. Williams, 2006), Oxford Readings in Classical Studies: Vergil's Eclogues (2008), and Oxford Readings in Classical Studies: Vergil's Georgics (2008).
- Author(s)Katharina Volk
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication17/09/2010
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleBlackwell Introductions to the Classical World
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width163 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.