All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn accessible, lively A-Z of over 3,000 words and their origins, drawn from Oxford's unrivalled dictionary research and language monitoring. Ideal for language lovers and students alike, the Oxford Dictionary of Word Origins relates the fascinating stories behind many of our most curious words and expressions.
- Author BiographyJulia Cresswell is an experienced author and language researcher, having worked on the 4th edition of the Shorter Oxford English Dictionary. Books to her credit include Naming Your Baby: The Definitive Dictionary of First Names, and The Cat's Pyjamas: The Penguin Book of Cliches.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication10/07/2010
- Series TitleOxford Quick Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight370 g
- Width129 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byJulia Cresswell
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- dipper*662-928 Sep, 2016by
oxford dictionary of word origins
great book,good price,and fast delivery,very happy with my purchase. this is a very interesting book.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £14.99Trending at £18.62
- £7.99Trending at £9.99
- £13.23Trending at £15.89
- £4.54Trending at £4.64
- £8.90Trending at £12.49
- £11.20Trending at £12.08
- £9.09Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.