All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis handbook describes the diagnostic process clearly and logically, aiding medical students and others who wish to improve their diagnostic performance and to learn more about the diagnostic process.
- Author BiographyHuw Llewelyn qualified in Medicine at the University of Wales in 1970. In 1975 he became senior registrar and lecturer in medicine and endocrinology at St Bartholomew's Hospital London. In 1979 he was appointed Consultant Physician at King's College Hospital London. His MD was sponsored by the Nobel Laureate Sir James Black FRS and describes new theorems in probability theory that allow tests to be designed and assessed in a systematic way for differential diagnosis and identify patients who probably respond (or do not respond) to specific treatments. His clinical and teaching experience is based on work in university teaching hospitals in inner cities, rural district general hospitals and general practice. Hock Aun Ang is a medical graduate from University College Cork, Ireland. After jobs in various medical specialties in the UK, he pursued Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (Liverpool) and MSc in Infectious Diseases (University of London). Currently, as a Consultant Physician and Endocrinologist at Seberang Jaya Hospital in Penang, Malaysia, he is actively involved in the supervision of clinical specialists, medical officers and house officers, and the teaching of medical students from Penang Medical College. Keir Lewis qualified from Guy's and St Thomas' Hospitals with honours and a First Class Intercalated BSc in Psychology. After various jobs in London, he completed his specialist training in Respiratory and General Internal Medicine in Wales with an MD in Sleep Disordered Breathing. He is Director of Research and Development in Hywel Dda University Health Board and Associate Professor at the University of Swansea, where his current research interests include COPD and Smoking Cessation. Annes Al-Abdulla graduated from Baghdad University Medical School in 1977. He came to the UK in 1983 and started training in Chemical Pathology in 1985 first at Kings College London then at the Middlesex and University College, London Medical Schools. His last post was a lecturer and senior registrar in chemical pathology. During this period he obtained two master degrees from London University in General and Clinical Biochemistry and finished the examinations for the membership of the Royal College of Pathology, which was awarded in 1990. After this he decided to move into general practice and after a couple of years he was able to get a job as a full time general practitioner in Carmarthenshire. In 2000 he was awarded the fellowship of the Royal College of Pathology. Currently in addition to his job as a GP, he regularly covers for the absence of the local Chemical Pathologist and participates in two hospital diabetic clinics as a diabetes specialist.
- Author(s)Anees Al-Abdullah,Hock Aun Ang,Huw Llewelyn,Keir E. Lewis
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication18/09/2014
- FormatPart-work (fasciculo)
- GenreMedicine: General
- Series TitleOxford Medical Handbooks
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note11 black and white line drawings and 33 halftone photos
- Weight346 g
- Width107 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.24
- £23.12Trending at £34.89
- £24.19Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.70
- £5.48Trending at £6.95
- £9.74Trending at £10.10
- £7.19Trending at £7.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.