All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book acts as a practical guide for clinical forensic specialists. It contains basic background information on the legal aspects of medicine for doctors, nurses and medical students.
- Author BiographyHaving trained in Emergency Medicine, Jonathan Wyatt undertook two years of research in Forensic Medicine which resulted in an MD from the University of Edinburgh. Jonathan has undertaken clinical forensic work both in Scotland and England since 1996 and provides expert forensic opinions. He works as a consultant in Emergency Medicine in Cornwall and has a strong academic interest, with more than 100 publications in peer reviewed journals. Dr Guy Norfolk was the founding President of the Faculty of Forensic and Legal Medicine of the Royal College of Physicians of London and is Consultant Forensic Physician to Avon and Somerset Constabulary. He chaired the Education and Research Committee of the Association of Forensic Physicians and was the former forensic medical advisor to the Police Complaints Authority. He is a member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Forensic and Legal Medicine and he lectures frequently at induction and development training courses for forensic physicians. In addition to publishing various articles in the field of clinical forensic medicine he has also contributed eight chapters to textbooks on related topics. Jason Payne-James LLM MSc FRCS FFFLM FFSSoc DFM RNutr: Consultant Forensic Physician; Director of Forensic Healthcare Services Ltd; Honorary Senior Lecturer, Cameron Forensic Medical Sciences, Barts & the London School of Medicine; external Consultant to the National Injuries Database and other agencies; Editor of the Journal of Forensic & Legal Medicine. Research interests include detainee health, death, harm and near-misses in custody , torture, drug and alcohol misuse, sexual assault, non-accidental injury, restraint and use of force, age estimation. Is co-editor or co-author of books including the Encyclopedia of Forensic & Legal Medicine; Forensic Medicine: Clinical & Pathological Aspects; Symptoms and Signs of Substance Misuse; Artificial Nutrition Support in Clinical Practice; Dr Apple's Symptoms Encyclopaedia; Medicolegal Essentials of Healthcare.
- Author(s)Guy Norfolk,Jason Payne-James,Jonathan P. Wyatt,Tim Squires
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication17/03/2011
- FormatPart-work (fasciculo)
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleOxford Medical Handbooks
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note37 black and white line drawings and 23 colour images
- Weight330 g
- Width112 mm
- Height182 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsFlexible plastic/vinyl cover
Best-selling in Law
Save on Law
- £9.00Trending at £9.11
- £3.99Trending at £6.07
- £9.99Trending at £19.17
- £36.79Trending at £40.08
- £29.99Trending at £41.08
- £18.42Trending at £18.91
- £10.49Trending at £10.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.