All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £24.95Trending at £27.18
- £35.91Trending at £36.83
- £12.07Trending at £17.98
- £24.40Trending at £27.07
- £20.63Trending at £28.98
- £13.11Trending at £14.99
- £6.79Trending at £8.47
About this product
- DescriptionTwo essential texts for medical sciences are brought together in this value-for-money pack. The Oxford Handbook of Medical Sciences provides a clear account of the sciences that underpin medicine. Oxford Assess and Progress: Medical Sciences is a unique revision guide with over 290 questions cross-referenced to the Handbook.
- Author BiographyDr Jade Chow is the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Education, St George's, University of London and Chair of the Undergraduate Medical and Bioscience Committee. She is responsible for the three MBBS courses at SGUL, Biomedical Science, Intercalated BSc and Biomedical Informatics courses. Jade has extensive experience and expertise in assessment having been Chief Examiner in the written Final examinations at St George's for over 10 years and having played a pivotal role in the design of the overall assessment strategy. Dr Chow is an active practising histopathologist and is currently a Regional Specialist Advisor for Histopathology for the Royal College of Pathologists and Examiner for Fellowship of the Royal College of Pathologists. Dr John Patterson is an Honorary Senior Lecturer in the Centre for Medical Education at Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry. John formerly taught Physiology for 30 years and was three times elected 'best preclinical teacher'. Formerly Head of Undergraduate Medical Studies he oversaw a revision of assessment structures across the programmes. As Head of Assessment he had oversight of the design, delivery and analysis of all MBBS examinations and he also acted as Chair of the University of London Medical Extended Matching Question Bank. Dr Katharine Boursicot (Series Editor for Oxford Assess and Progress) is a Reader in Medical Education and Deputy Head of the Centre for Medical and Healthcare Education at St George's, University of London. Previously she was Head of Assessment at Barts and The London, and Associate Dean for Assessment at Cambridge University School of Clinical Medicine. She is consultant on assessment to several UK medical schools, Royal Medical Colleges and international institutions as well as the General Medical Council PLAB Part 2 Panel and Fitness to Practise clinical skills testing. Dr David Sales (Series Editor for Oxford Assess and Progress) is a general practitioner by training who has been involved in medical assessment for over 20 years, having previously been convenor of the MRCGP knowledge test. He has run item writing workshops for a number of undergraduate medical schools, medical royal colleges and internationally. For the General Medical Council currently he chairs the Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board Part 1 panel and is their consultant on fitness to practise knowledge testing.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication08/02/2013
- FormatMultiple copy pack
- GenreMedicine: General
- Series TitleOxford Medical Handbooks
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note250 black and white line drawings and photographs, 8-page colour plate section
- Weight712 g
- Width105 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine50 mm
- Edited byDavid Meredith,Dr. Robert Wilkins,Ian Megson,Jade Chow,John Patterson,Simon Cross
- Contained items statement2 Multiple copy packs
- Format DetailsPlastic
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.