All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis Handbook mirrors the leading national guides to prescribing. The safe and effective use of medicine requires a sound knowledge of pharmacology. As readers use this practical book, they will increase their knowledge.
- Author BiographyDuncan Richards trained in clinical pharmacology at Oxford where he developed a strong interest in translational pharmacology. Since completing his training, Duncan has worked in drug discovery for GSK. His current role is as Clinical Director of the Academic Discovery Performance Unit. This group aims to bring together the drug development expertise of GSK with the specialist knowledge of academic investigators to develop a portfolio of novel drug molecules. Jeff Aronson is Reader in Clinical Pharmacology, University of Oxford, and Honorary Consultant Physician to the Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals NHS Trust. He does acute medical takes and teaches clinical students general medicine and practical drug therapy and prescribing. His research interests span all aspects of clinical pharmacology, especially adverse drug reactions and monitoring therapeutic interventions. He is President of the British Pharmacological Society, a member of the Formulary Committees of the British National Formulary and the British National Formulary for Children, a member of the Technology Appraisal Committee of NICE, Chairman of the British Pharmacopoeia Commission's Expert Advisory Group on Nomenclature, and Editor-in-Chief of Meyler's Side Effects of Drugs-The International Encyclopedia of Adverse Drug Reactions and Interactions (15th edition, 2006) and of its annual update volumes (Side Effects of Drugs Annuals). For a full curriculum vitae, see www.clinpharm.ox.ac.uk/JKA. Dr Jamie Coleman received his MBChB from the University of Birmingham in 1999. He trained in the West Midlands as a Clinical Pharmacologist undertaking an MD on the subject of adverse drug reactions which he completed in 2008. During his training he also developed an interest in medical teaching and gained an MA Medical Education in 2008. He took up a Consultant Clinical Pharmacologist job in early 2009 at the University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust and is an honorary senior lecturer in the College of Medical and Dental Sciences at the University of Birmingham. He continues to be involved in the teaching of therapeutics and prescribing to a wide variety of healthcare professionals at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Author(s)D. John Reynolds,Duncan Richards,Jamie Coleman,Jeffrey K. Aronson
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication10/11/2011
- FormatPart-work (fasciculo)
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleOxford Medical Handbooks
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2011
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note100 line drawings
- Weight410 g
- Width107 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine63 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £6.58Trending at £7.00
- £12.38Trending at £15.88
- £7.97Trending at £9.99
- £44.83Trending at £49.49
- £42.58Trending at £46.00
- £5.54Trending at £6.01
- £9.98Trending at £13.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.