All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Oxford Handbook of Surgical Nursing provides a practical, easily accessible, concise, and up-to-date evidence-based guide relating to all the core elements of surgical care, including detailed information on the care required in the subspecialties of surgical practice.
- Author BiographyAlison is a Lecturer in Adult Nursing and Admissions Tutor for the Bachelor in Nursing, at the University of Birmingham. She teaches and assesses on the undergraduate Bachelor of Nursing programme. Alison qualified in 1990 working initially in general medicine and then spent 14 years working in critical care within the specialities of hepatology and liver transplantation and cardiothoracic surgery which incorporated heart and lung transplantation. Prior to joining the University of Birmingham in 2013, Alison worked as a Senior Lecturer in Adult and Critical Care Nursing at Birmingham City University. She is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy in the United Kingdom and a Registered Nurse Teacher (RNT) with the Nursing and Midwifery Council. (NMC). Alison is also a UK Resuscitation Council Adult Advanced Life Support Instructor and teaches doctors, nurses and allied health care professionals on Adult Advanced Life Support Courses run by NHS Trusts. Mark is currently an Executive director of a GBP500m Healthcare organisation. He leads a team of Associate Directors of Nursing and Head of Midwifery for nursing and midwifery. Mark qualified as nurse in 1994 and prior to joining UHCW in 2009 he was a Consultant Nurse in Perioperative Emergency Care at Heart of England Foundation Trust. He has also worked as an advisor to the Department of Health, NCEPOD, MHRA, NICE. From June 2012 he has been Chief Nursing Officer with a responsibility for nursing and midwifery, infection control and safeguarding children. He is a Professor of Nursing at Birmingham City University and Coventry University. Mark has been a member of the executive committee for the British Anaesthetic & Recovery Nurses Association (BARNA) since 1997, Chairing 1999 - 2001 and President 2005-2009. Mark is the founding editor of the British Journal of Anaesthetic and Recovery Nursing in 1999. He has published widely on advanced practice nursing and perioperative care.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication26/05/2016
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleOxford Handbooks in Nursing
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2016
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight376 g
- Width101 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byAlison Smith,Maria Kisiel,Mark Radford
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £6.95Trending at £7.69
- £134.20Trending at £157.78
- £88.12Trending at £93.99
- £29.99Trending at £31.10
- £3.40Trending at £3.95
- £6.90Trending at £6.98
- £22.05Trending at £22.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.