Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £19.59Trending at £26.34
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.38Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £12.17Trending at £13.87
- £5.28Trending at £5.79
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/11/2012
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number92
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1525 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byI. Silver
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1978
- Table Of ContentsSession 1 - Oxygen Electrodes and Blood Monitoring Devices.- The Bitumen PO2 Electrode - A New Method to Manufacture PO2 Needle Electrodes.- A Working Equation for Oxygen Sensing Disk Electrodes.- Variations on the Response Characteristics of Oxygen Electrodes.- Directly Heated Transcutaneous Oxygen Sensor.- A Self-Calibrating, Continuous in vivo PO2 and PCO2 Monitor.- Thin Ring PO2 Electrode Using Gold Paste and Its Application to the Study of the Effects of Venous Occlusion on Skin PO2.- How to Quantify Skeletal Muscle Capillarity.- Staining of PO2 Measuring Points Demonstrated for the Rat Brain Cortex.- Discussion.- Session 2 - Optical Methods.- First Cryophotometric Measurements of the HbO2 Saturation in the Cat Carotid Body.- Multiple Wavelength Reflectance Oximetry in Peripheral Tissues.- Myoglobin Saturation and Calculated PO2 in Single Cells of Resting Gracilis Muscles.- The Myoglobin Probed Optical Studies of Myocardial Energy Metabolism.- The Intracellular Heterogeneity of Oxygen Concentrations as Measured by Ultraviolet Television Microscopy of PBA Fluorescence Quenching by Oxygen.- Application of the Optode Measurements of Surface PO2 and PCO2 of the Isolated Guinea-Pig Heart.- A New Method for Measuring the Oxygen Content in Microliter Samples of Gases and Liquids: The Oxygen Cuvette.- Factors Influencing the Correction Factor Used to Eliminate the Apparent NADH Fluorescence Changes Caused by Alterations in Cerebrocortical Blood Content.- Organ Absorbance and Fluorescence Spectrophotometry and Its Application to Oxygen-Dependent Parameters.- An Experimental Model of the Krogh Tissue Cylinder: Two-Dimensional Quantitation of the Oxygen Gradient.- Discussion.- Session 3 - Model Systems.- Multi-Capillary Model for Oxygen Transport to Skeletal Tissue.- Dynamic Hypoxic Hypoxemia in Brain Tissue: Experimental and Theoretical Methodologies.- Mathematical Model of Respiratory Gas Exchange at Stationary Conditions.- Calculation of the Facilitation of O2 or CO Transport by Hb or Mb by Means of a New Method for Solving the Carrier-Diffusion Problem.- The Effect of Deoxygenation Rate of the Erythrocyte on Oxygen Transport to the Cardiac Muscle.- Gas Transfer Through the Skin: A Two-Layer Model Relating Transcutaneous Flux to Arterial Tension.- Electrical Potentials During Carbon Dioxide Transport in Hemoglobin Solutions.- Interpretation of Oxygen Disappearance Rates in Brain Cortex Following Total Ischaemia.- Analysis of Oxygen Transport in Bullfrogs.- Distribution of Intracapillary O2-Supply and Tissue PO2 in Canine Left Ventricle During Normoxia - An Analysis of Kryophotometrically Measured HbO2 Saturation with a Diffusion Model.- Metabolism Prediction Based on Measurement of PO2 and Flow at the Same Locus During Seizures and Barbiturate Suppression of EEG.- A Computer Analysis of Graded Ischemia in Brain.- A Comparison of Two Nonclassical Models for Oxygen Consumption in Brain and Liver Tissue.- Models for Pulsed Polarographic Electrodes.- Mathematical Simulation of Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide Transport in Fetal Brain.- Some Effects of High Altitude and Polycythaemia on Oxygen Delivery.- The Theoretical Effect of DPG Upon Oxygen Diffusion in Erythrocytes.- Discussion.- Session 4 - Cellular Respiration and O2 Transport.- On the Mechanism of Regulation of Cellular Respiration. The Dependence of Respiration on the Cytosolic [ATP], [ADP], and [Pi].- Regulation of Mitochondrial Respiration in Intact Tissues: A Mathematical Model.- In vivo Studies of Mitochondrial Respiration.- Induction by Hypoxia of a New Haemoglobin-Like Pigment.- Myoglobin-O2-Saturation Profiles in Muscle Sections of Chicken Gizzard and the Facilitated O2 Transport by Mb.- Simultaneous Measurement of Glucose and O2 Consumption in Cell Suspensions with Minielectrodes.- Density Dependent Energy Changes and Adaptive Growth in Populations of Mouse Fibroblasts in vitro.- Direct Determination of Local Oxygen Consumption of the Brain Cortex in vivo.- Study of Tissue
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.