CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.98Trending at £24.50
- £26.30Trending at £26.87
- £17.51Trending at £17.84
- £20.30Trending at £26.98
- £16.38Trending at £16.77
- £20.87Trending at £21.09
- £21.83Trending at £22.50
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/11/2012
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number191
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1053 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byF. Kreuzer
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1973
- Table Of Contentsof Volume 2 (Volume 37B).- Session III - The Pharmacology of Improving Oxygen Transport to Tissue.- Blood Cell Aggregation and Pulmonary Embolism.- Sludged Blood, Human Disease and Chemotherapy.- Intravascular Aggregation of Blood Cells and Tissue Metabolic Defects.- Anti-Adhesive Drugs and Tissue Oxygenation.- Oxygen Transport and Tissue Oxygenation During Hemodilution with Dextran.- Platelet Aggregates Induced by Red Blood Cell Injury.- Recent Advances in the Preparation and Use of Perfluorodecalin Emulsions for Tissue Perfusion.- Pharmacological Stimulation of Red Blood Cell Metabolism for High Altitude Preadaptation.- Catecholamine Metabolism and Digital Circulation after Histamine and Its Analogue.- Augmentation of Tissue Oxygen by Dimethyl Sulfoxide and Hydrogen Peroxide.- In Vitro Respiration of Ischemic Skin from Amputated Human Legs.- Altering Diffusion Rates.- Discussion of Session III.- Session IV - Mathematical Studies of Tissue Oxygenation Part A.- Mathematical Considerations for Oxygen Transport to Tissue: Introductory Paper.- Geometric Considerations in Modeling Oxygen Transport Processes in Tissue.- Capillary-Tissue Exchange Kinetics: Diffusional Interactions between Adjacent Capillaries.- Computer Calculation for Tissue Oxygenation and the Meaningful Presentation of the Results.- Stochastic versus Deterministic Models of Oxygen Transport in the Tissue.- Existing Anatomical Parameters and the Need for Further Determinations for Various Tissue Structures.- Mathematical Analysis of Oxygen Transport to Tissue in the Human.- A Mathematical Model of the Unsteady Transport of Oxygen to Tissues in the Microcirculation.- Simplifying the Description of Tissue Oxygenation.- A Simplified Model of the Oxygen Supply Function of Capillary Blood Flow.- Oxygen Transport in the Human Brain - Analytical Solutions.- Calculation of Concentration Profiles of Excess Acid in Human Brain Tissue During Conditions of Partial Anoxia.- Simulating Myocardium Oxygen Dynamics.- Numerical Solutions of Blood Flow in the Entrance of a Tube.- Discussion of Session IV - Part A.- Session IV - Mathematical Studies of Tissue Oxygenation Part B.- Distributed Model Solution Techniques for Capillary-Tissue Systems.- Heterogeneous Models of Oxygen Transport in Tissue Slices.- Mathematical Modelling of the Cornea and an Experimental Application.- Instrumentation and Control Techniques for Dynamic Response Experiments in Living Tissue.- Oxygen Transport in Skeletal Muscle: How Many Blood Capillaries Surround Each Fibre?.- Filtering and Prediction of Blood Flow and Oxygen Consumption for Patient Monitoring.- Computer Analysis of Automatically Recorded Oxygen Dissociation Curves.- A Polygonal Approximation for Unsteady State Diffusion of Oxygen into Hemoglobin Solutions.- Gaseous Transport in Hemoglobin Solutions.- Mechanochemical Pumping as an Adjunct to Diffusion in Oxygen Transport.- An Analysis of the Competitive Diffusion of O2 and Co through Hemoglobin Solutions.- Oxygen Mass Transfer Rates in Intact Red Blood Cells.- Effect of Carbonic Anhydrase on the Facilitated Diffusion of CO2 through Bicarbonate Solutions.- Modeling the Coronary Circulation: Implications in the Pathogenesis of Sudden Death.- Discussion of Session IV - Part B.- Session V - Oxygen Transport Problems in Neonatology.- Subsession: Placental Oxygen Transfer.- Experimental and Theoretical Investigations of Oxygen Transport Problems in Fetal Systems: Introductory Paper.- Microphotometry for Determining the Reaction Rate of O2 and CO with Red Blood Cells in the Chorioallantoic Capillary.- Mathematical Analysis of Combined Placental-Fetal Oxygen Transport.- Placental Function and Oxygenation in the Fetus.- Morphological Determinants in O2-Transfer across the Human and Rhesus Hemochorial Placenta.- Umbilical and Uterine Venous PO2 in Different Species During Late Gestation and Parturition.- Threshold Values of Oxygen Deficiency-Leading to Cardiovascular and Brain Pathological Changes in Te
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.