Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £11.30Trending at £12.35
- £23.74Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.56
- £17.29Trending at £28.02
- £11.91Trending at £20.01
- £8.63Trending at £16.99
- £14.72Trending at £20.04
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/12/2012
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number277
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note406 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1790 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Edited byJohannes Piiper
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1990
- Table Of ContentsMathematical Models.- Counter-Current Blood Flow in Tissues: Protection Against Adverse Effects.- Concentric Oxygen Diffusion in Tissue with Heterogeneous Permeability and Consumption.- Oxygen Pressures Calculated in a Tissue Volume with Parallel Capillaries.- Dependence of Cerebral Capillary Hematocrit on Red Cell Flow Separation at Bifurcations: A Computer Simulation Study.- Membrane Resistance to Oxygen Transport Inside Hybridoma Cells in Suspension Culture.- Methods and Instrumentation.- Development of a Micro Transmission Cell for In Vivo Measurement of SaO2 and Hb.- Online Measurements of SaO2, Ht and Hb Using a Micro Transmission Cell.- Krypton Filled Flashlamp: A Possible New Light Source for Near Infrared Spectroscopy in Vivo.- A Continuous Wave Spectroscopic (CWS) Study of Hemoprotein and Other Molecules in Mitochondrial Suspension, Cell Suspension and Tissue.- A Time Resolved Spectroscopic (TRS) Study of Migration of Visual to Infrared Waves in Brain Tissue in Relation to Absorption of Hemoproteins.- The Effect of Optode Positioning on Optical Pathlength in Near Infrared Spectroscopy of Brain.- Cerebral Cytochrome-C-Oxidase Copper Band Quantification in Perfluorocarbon Exchange Transfused Cats.- Interaction of Oxygen Partial Pressure and Energy Metabolism with the Relaxation Rate of Inorganic Phosphate: A 31P NMR Study.- PH Changes in Front of the Hydrogen Generating Electrode During Measurements with an Electrolytic Hydrogen Clearance Sensor.- Diffusion of Oxygen and Hydrogen Gas Is Faster Through a Layer of Suspended Cultured C6 Cells Than Through the Medium.- A Method for Measuring the Rate of Oxygen Release from Flowing Erythrocytes in Microvessels.- Spatial Variation of the Local Tissue Oxygen Diffusion Coefficient Measured In Situ in the Cat Retina and Cornea.- A Method to Measure the Diffusion Coefficient of Myoglobin in Intact Skeletal Muscle Cells.- A New Model for Long-Term Investigations of Cerebral Oxygen Supply in Rats.- An Experimental Set-Up for the Blood Perfused Working Rat Heart.- Comparative Distributions of Numerical and Areal Indices of Tissue Capillarity.- Blood and Blood Substitutes.- Hyperchylomicronemia, Oxygen Affinity and Proton Passage Across the Red Cell Membrane.- Facilitated Transport of Oxygen Through Hemoglobin Solutions.- Interaction Between Organic Phosphates and Sheep Hemoglobins.- Carbon Monoxide Bonding in a Model of Hemoglobin Differs Between the T and the R Conformation.- Carbon Monoxide Equilibrium Curve of Human Umbilical Cord Blood.- Effects of SO2 and pH on Blood-Gas Partition Coefficients of Inert Gases.- Stroma-Free Hemoglobin Solutions Prepared by Crystallization and Ultrafiltration Methods; Comparison of Composition and Coronary Vasoconstrictor Potency.- Oxygen Transport by Pyridoxylated Polyhemoglobin Solution.- Coronary Capillary Development Following Treated and Untreated Fetal Hypoxia in the Rat.- Perfluorochemical Oxygen Carriers and Ischaemic Tissues.- Oxygen-Transport Fluids Based on Perfluorochemicals: Effects on Liver Biochemistry.- Perfluorochemicals and Photodynamic Therapy in Mice.- Perfluorochemicals for Gas Transport and Improvement of Cell Cultures.- The Cardiovascular Effects of the Surfactant Pluronic F68 in Anesthetized Dogs.- Central Nervous System.- Oxygen Supply and Brain Function In Vivo: A Multiparametric Monitoring Approach in the Mongolian Gerbil.- Brain Ischemic Depolarization and Vasospasm in the Mongolian Gerbil: The Dependence on Energy Depletion Levels.- The Non-Invasive Monitoring of Cerebral Tissue Oxygenation.- Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibition and Cerebral Cortical Oxygenation in the Rat.- Platelet Activating Factor Antagonists Do Not Alter Normal Cerebral Blood Flow or CMRO2.- Cerebrocortical Oxygen Supply of Sclerotic Rats and Acute Diltiazem Therapy.- Spinal Cord Repair: Is Tissue Oxygenation an Important Variable?.- Cardiovascular System.- Morphometric Analysis of Capillary Nets in Rat Myocardium.- Fine Structure of Capillary Prolifera
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.