All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.39
- £24.31Trending at £34.99
- £9.41Trending at £16.98
- £9.53Trending at £14.98
- £7.60Trending at £9.98
- £18.98Trending at £29.99
- £11.55Trending at £14.99
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough the primary role of the P-47 was tactical ground support, a number of enemy aircraft were downed by pilots over the battlefields of western Europe. This volume explains the tactics used by crews, includes interviews with Aces and lists all the units involved.
- Author BiographyJerry Scutts has worked in the field of aviation publishing since the late 1960s, writing over 40 books that have covered a broad spectrum of subject matter ranging from US Navy floatplane fighters in World War 2 to the exploits of the USAF's Phantom IIs over Vietnam. His specialist areas are the Luftwaffe and the US Army Air Forces in World War 2, and he originally appeared on the Osprey list as long ago as 1977, when he wrote the second volume in the now much sought after Air Cam Air War series - many of the jacket illustrations in this series were also painted by him. Jerry has been a regular contributor to Osprey's Aircraft of the Aces series since its inception in 1994.
- Author(s)Jerry Scutts
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/12/1999
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleOsprey Aircraft of the Aces S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.30
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note40 colour and 100 b&w illustrations
- Weight294 g
- Width184 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.