All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaintains the balance of quantitative and conceptual physics content by incorporating problem solving into a discernible conceptual framework. This title accompanies a full supplemental package, including an Instructor's Manual available Online or on the PowerLecture CD. It includes PowerPoint[registered] Presentations on the PowerLecture CD.
- Author BiographyVern Ostdiek was an Associate Professor at Benedictine College, where he had a joint appointment in the Department of Physics and Astronomy and the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science. In addition to teaching courses in physics, mathematics, and computer science, he oversaw the Computer Discovery Lab. Vern was named Benedictine College's Educator of the Year in 1999. His research interests centered on the nocturnal dynamics of the lower part of the Earth's atmosphere. Past research topics included noctilucent clouds and frontal zones. Don Bord, Ph.D., is Professor of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Michigan-Dearborn. Prior to his appointment, he taught at Benedictine College in Atchison, Kansas, where his collaboration with Vern Ostdiek led to the development and publication of INQUIRY INTO PHYSICS, now in its 8th Edition. Don has an abiding interest in physics and astronomy education, particularly as it pertains to laboratory instruction, and has published articles in The American Journal of Physics, The Physics Teacher, and Sky and Telescope. He was co-editor, with Clint Sprott, of the first edition of Great Ideas for Teaching Physics. Don's research focuses on determining the abundance of heavy and rare-earth elements in chemically peculiar stars and the Sun using high-resolution spectra. Don served as chair of the Department of Natural Sciences, associate dean for planning and faculty development and associate provost, interim chair of the Department of Health and Human Services in 2016. He was the first recipient of the University of Michigan's Jacqueline Lawson Award for his contributions in the area of faculty governance.
- Author(s)Donald Bord,Vern Ostdiek
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication29/01/2010
- FormatMixed media product
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight1040 g
- Width217 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Contained items statementContains 1 Paperback and 1 Digital online
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.00Trending at £22.56
- £23.72Trending at £26.09
- £42.67Trending at £47.34
- £20.65Trending at £21.58
- £36.74Trending at £40.49
- £37.00Trending at £40.49
- £30.21Trending at £31.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.