Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionDescribes more than 70 of the best paddling trips in Northern California, including whitewater, stillwater, and coastal excursions. Includes detailed maps with access points and landmarks; flow charts indicating optimum floating seasons on rivers; and tide information for the ocean trips.
- Author BiographyFor more than 50 years, Charlie Pike has enjoyed paddling wide rivers, lazy float streams, lakes big and small, roaring whitewater, tidal estuaries, and Pacific Coast headlands. While in college, the Appalachian Mountain Club introduced him to whitewater canoeing starting with March trips sliding canoes over the snow into New England rivers. It soon became his passion. Where ever he has lived - upstate New York, New England, Missouri, Arkansas, or the West Coast, he has enjoyed paddling. In each location he has organized training sessions and paddling trips with whitewater kayaks, rafts, canoes, and sea kayaks. His paddling adventures have led him to enjoy waters as diverse as kayaking the Grand Canyon, floating the Allagash River in Maine and canoeing the Stikine River in Alaska and British Columbia with his two grown sons. Before retiring, Charlie researched and developed water efficiency programs for local, state and national water organizations. He still seeks more paddling experiences to enjoy. Charlie Pike makes presentations at local REI stores. Before retiring, Charlie wrote numerous professional technical articles, guidebooks and conference presentations regarding water management and water efficiency distributed by the California Department of Water Resources, the American Water Works Association and the International Water Association.Charlie resides in Newcastle, California.
- Author(s)Charles Pike
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication20/05/2014
- GenreWater Sports
- Series TitlePaddling Series
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight41 g
- Width155 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.