All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA guide that shows how to capture mood and atmosphere in watercolour paintings of the land, sea and sky with many step-by-step exercises and eight detailed demonstration paintings. In addition, a selection of Rowland Hilder's well-known landscapes are included.
- Author(s)Rowland Hilder
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication23/05/1983
- GenreHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date12/11/1998
- Content Notecolour illustrations, index
- Weight595 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
Most relevant reviews
- bayvista4415 Jun, 2016by
If you want some understanding of contrast and how it should be interpreted and applied to watercolour painting then this is the book for you.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- deaddog1126 Oct, 2012by
Excellent informative book both for the amateur and professional.Full of usefull tips and techniques.
- eddy1294227 Oct, 2010by
Painting Landscapes in Watercolour
A useful book by Rowland Hilder,a well-respected artist working in the mid and latter half of the twentieth century, which gives details of his working methods and particularly the paints he uses to achieve his effects. It is more than that however, since it contains many colour pictures of his work which are both informative and inspiring. Although the book was published in the 1980s the quality of the printing is of a high standard. Rowland Hilder expresses himself well and his enthusiasm for the subject shines through providing a wealth of information for the watercolourist.
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £1.99Trending at £2.42
- £2.35Trending at £2.95
- £30.80Trending at £31.24
- £12.89Trending at £14.19
- £13.64Trending at £19.97
- £3.59Trending at £5.79
- £9.99Trending at £13.48