All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionImpressionism has inspired generations of artists and no one has done more for the cause than Charles Hawthorne, the founder of the Cape Cod School of Art. This title of art instruction explores Hawthorne's theories on colour and light and teaches his philosophy with step-by-step painting lessons and illuminating text.
- Author BiographyLois Griffel's lifelong interest in art began at the age of five, when she first entertained neighborhood children with her drawings and paintings. She discovered early in her career that she enjoyed teaching and attended Southern Connecticut State College in order to receive her bachelor of science degree in education. Later, while making her living as a portrait painter, she enrolled at the Art Students League and the National Academy of Design in New York, where she studied with many outstanding artists, including Everett Raymond Kinstler and Harvey Dinnerstein. Her introduction in the early 1970s to Henry Hensche, Charles Hawthorne's protege, led to her in-depth study and practice of the impressionist theory of painting. As director and instructor at The Cape Cod School of Art, it gives her great joy to combine her loves of teaching and painting, and to share them with enthusiastic students. Ms. Griffel has had a number of one-person exhibitions throughout New England, and has been included in invitational exhibitions in New York, Chicago, Washington, D.C., and Carmel, California. She holds workshops in landscape, portrait, and figure painting throughout the northeast. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Lois Griffel
- PublisherWatson-Guptill Publications
- Date of Publication06/01/2009
- GenreHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintWatson-Guptill Publications Inc.,U.S.
- Weight572 g
- Width210 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £1.99Trending at £2.41
- £1.95Trending at £2.88
- £2.35Trending at £2.95
- £1.25Trending at £1.51
- £13.64Trending at £19.98
- £14.89Trending at £16.11
- £8.84Trending at £8.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.