Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.36Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £29.38Trending at £35.37
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £5.28Trending at £5.79
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough it achieved independence in 1947, Pakistan still has not succeeded in integrating its diverse peoples into a nation. The nation's search for stability is traced in this introduction to Pakistan's political, economic and social development.
- Author BiographyShahid Javed Burki was educated at Oxford University as a Rhodes Scholar and at Harvard University as a Mason Fellow. Burki's career at the World Bank began in 1974 with appointment as senior economist of the Policy Planning and Program Review Department. In 1982 he was appointed director of the International Relations Department, and later served as director of the China Department. He then began a two-year stint as Finance and Planning Minister of the Pakistani government. Burki was a also member of the care-taker government that took office following the dismissal of Ms. Bhutto he was in charge of the portfolios of finance, planning and economic affairs. Mr. Burki has since re-joined the World Bank as vice-president of the Latin America and the Caribbean Regional Office.Burki has written extensively on the political economy of both China and Pakistan.
- Author(s)Shahid Javed Burki
- PublisherINGRAM PUBLISHER SERVICES US
- Date of Publication12/03/1999
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleNations of the modern world: Asia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1999
- ImprintWestview Press Inc
- Content Notemap
- Weight500 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.