Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.38Trending at £5.52
- £10.54Trending at £10.65
- £14.90Trending at £16.99
- £19.59Trending at £26.28
- £9.06Trending at £9.41
- £13.65Trending at £14.08
- £12.17Trending at £13.76
About this product
- Author(s)Rituparna Bose
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication15/05/2013
- GenreEarth Sciences
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Earth Sciences
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight124 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction.- Ecological Evolutionary Units.- Patterns of Morphological Change in Fossil Lineages.- Why Atrypides.- Climate and Environment in the Silurian and Devonian.- Ecological Interactions.- Research Hypotheses.- Materials and Methods.- Geometric Morphometrics.- Data Set.- Results.- Temporal Variation.- Spatial Variation.- Mean Morphological Shape.- Encrustation Versus Morphological Shape.-Discussion.- Morphology.- Climate Setting in the Silurian and Devonian.- Atrypide Distribution.-Atrypide Diversity.- Temporal Variation.- Spatial Variation- Ecological Causes-Environmental Effect.- Conclusion.
- Author BiographyDr. Rituparna Bose obtained her Ph.D. from Indiana University, Bloomington. For her outstanding Ph.D. dissertation she was rewarded with a Springer Theses Prize. She is currently an adjunct Assistant Professor at the City University of New York and has been interviewed as an expert in the field of biodiversity by the Times of India (leading news daily in her home country). She has won numerous awards in her career including the nationally recognized Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Grant awarded by the American Museum of Natural History. She has been recently invited to serve as an Editor for Acta Palaeontologica Sinica by the Chinese Academy of Sciences. She is the Associate Editor-in-Chief for the International Journal of Environmental Protection and the Associate Editor for the Journal of Geography and Geology at the Canadian Center of Science. She also serves on the editorial board of some of the most prestigious journals in geology including Historical Biology: An International Journal of Palaeobiology (Taylor and Francis), Bulletins of American Paleontology (Paleontological Research Institute, Cornell University), Springer Plus (Earth and Environmental Science) and Geological Journal (Wiley).
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.