All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2014
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byDeborah Witt Sherman,Marianne LaPorte Matzo
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
- Author BiographyMarianne LaPorte Matzo, PhD, APRN, GNP-BC, FAAN, is Professor and the Frances E. and A. Earl Ziegler Chair in Palliative Care Nursing at The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center College of Nursing, Oklahoma City, OK. She also is Professor, College of Nursing, Tenshi College, Sapporo, Japan; Adjunct Professor, Department of Geriatric Medicine, University of Oklahoma College of Medicine; member of the Doctoral Faculty at The Union Institute and University, Cincinnati, OH; and a Soros Scholar for the Project on Death in America. Her research has included nurse's practises of assisted suicide and a quantitative study of health care providers' responses to the death of their patients. Dr. Matzo has presented educational programmes regionally, nationally and internationally on many topics related to care of the dying person, gerontological nursing and curriculum development. She has authored four books, including two published by Springer Publishing, 23 book chapters and 42 peer-reviewed articles. Her articles have appeared in Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Educator, Geriatric Nursing, Nursing Homes, Geriatric Psychiatry, The Journal of Gerontological Nursing, Gerontology and Geriatrics Education, Applied Nursing Research, Heart and Lung, Nursing Education Perspectives and the Geriatric Clinics of North America. Deborah Witt Sherman, PhD, APRN, ANP, PCM, BC, FAAN, is Professor, University of Maryland School of Nursing. In her previous position at NYU, she was the programme coordinator of the first nurse practitioner palliative care master's programme in the United States. Dr. Sherman's background in critical care nursing, hospice nursing and her certification as an adult nurse practitioner, as well as her research focus on populations with life-threatening and terminal illness, are foundational to her expertise and commitment to palliative care. Dr. Sherman currently coordinates and teaches in the Palliative Care Master's and Post-Master's Certificate Programs, teaches undergraduate health assessment and a nursing science and social science theory course in the graduate nursing programme. She serves as chairperson or dissertation committee member for several doctoral students. She serves on several editorial boards including the National Hospice Organization, Hospice & Palliative Care Nurses Association, The Association of Death Educators and Grief Counselors, Oncology Nursing Society, and the Association for Nurses in AIDS Care. Dr. Sherman serves on the advisory board and as faculty on the End of Life Nursing Education Consortium, as a member of an Interdisciplinary Steering Committee of a National Consensus and has led the initiative to develop the Scope and Standards for Advance Practice Palliative Care Nursing approved by the ANA.
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £13.30Trending at £13.53
- £10.12Trending at £10.36
- £13.45Trending at £16.42
- £6.95Trending at £7.07
- £8.50Trending at £8.98
- £13.03Trending at £16.22
- £4.95Trending at £5.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.