Best-selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- £3,069.00Trending at £3,181.70
- £1,097.63Trending at £1,133.47
- £494.99Trending at £549.99
- £443.95Trending at £550.96
- £3,899.00Trending at £4,075.93
- £214.00Trending at £217.75
- £124.54Trending at £134.17
About this product
- Product InformationThe 12.1-megapixel DMC-TZ8 features a 25mm wide-angle 12x optical zoom f/3.3-4.9 LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR lens in a compact body. The 25mm wide-angle lens has about twice the shooting area of the standard 35mm lens. The powerful 12x zoom can also be used in motion picture recording. In 3-megapixel resolution mode, the extra optical zoom function provides additional magnification, extending the zoom power to 23.4x by using the center part of the CCD.The Intelligent Resolution (I.R) technology gives a high resolution look to digital zoom images as well as ordinary images. The image is divided into contour areas, texture areas and smooth areas. And optimum image processing is applied to each type of area. This enables 16x intelligent zoom that achieves about 1.3 times the usual zoom magnification with almost no loss of image quality. The Intelligent Resolution technology also achieves sharp images in modes that use fewer pixels to enable high sensitivity and high speed.The POWER O.I.S. nearly doubles the hand-shake correction power of conventional MEGA O.I.S. So you can take beautiful night shots without blurring. Activating POWER O.I.S., intelligent ISO control, face detection AF/AE with face recognition, intelligent scene selector with sunset mode, intelligent exposure and AF tracking, the camera does all the work in the iA mode. And happy mode is added to the DMC-TZ8 and optimizes color saturation and brightness for vividly memorable scenes.Manual control function is added to the DMC-TZ8. Aperture-priority mode lets you open the aperture up wide for stunning portraits with softly focused backgrounds. Shutter-priority mode makes it possible to express the dynamic power of a flowing stream by slowing down the shutter speed. And manual exposure mode gives you total control of special shots, allowing you to achieve a higher level of photographic beauty.
- Camera TypeCompact
- Optical Zoom12x
- Digital Zoom4x
- Sensor Resolution12.1MP
- Screen Size2.7"
- Sensor Size1/2.33"
- Sensor TypeCCD
- Macro Focus Range3cm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera25 - 300mm
- Max Shutter Speed1/2000 sec
- Min Shutter Speed60 sec
- Exposure compensation±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure ModesAutomatic,Programme,aperture-priority,manual,shutter-priority
- Light SensitivityISO 100,ISO 1600,ISO 200,ISO 400,ISO 80,ISO 800,ISO auto,ISO auto (1600-6400)
- Light Sensitivity Max6400
- Flash TypeBuilt-in Flash
- Red Eye ReductionYes
- Effective Flash Range0.6 m - 5.3 m
- Camera Flash FeaturesAF illuminator
- Flash ModesAuto Mode,Fill-in mode,flash OFF mode,red-eye reduction,slow synchro
Memory / Storage
- Integrated Memory size40 MB
- Supported Flash MemorySDXC Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeNone
- Depth3.26 cm
- Height5.96 cm
- Width10.33 cm
- Weight191 gr
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.7" - colour
- Display Size2.7"
- Microphone Operation ModeMono
- Connector Types1 x USB,1 x composite video/audio output
- Expansion Slot1 x SD Memory Card
- Battery Description1 x Li-ion rechargeable battery - 895 mAh ( included )
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Digital Video FormatMJPEG,Motion JPEG,QuickTime
- Still Image FormatDCF,DPOF,EXIF 2.21,JPEG
- Max Video Resolution1280 x 720
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Features720p HD Video Recording,AF Tracking,Audio Recording,Built-in Speaker,DPOF Support,Date/Time Stamp,Digital Image Rotation,Digital Noise Reduction,Exif Print support,Face Detection AF/AE,Histogram Display,Image Stabilisation,Intelligent Scene Selector,Motion Detection Technology,Not Interchangeable Lenses,PictBridge Support,RGB primary colour filter,Red-eye Correction,Scene Detection Technology,Sharpness Control,Text Input To Exif Header,USB 2.0 compatibility,automatic display brightness adjustment,camera orientation detection,contrast control,cropping an image,in-camera red-eye removal,resizing an image,saturation control
- Face DetectionYes
- Shooting ModesFrame movie mode
- Shooting ProgramsAerial photo,Baby1,Baby2,Beach,Candle,Clipboard,Film grain,Fireworks,Flash-burst,Food,Hi-speed burst,High sensitivity,Night portrait,Night scene,Panorama assist,Party/indoor,Pin hole,Portrait mode,Scenery,Self-portrait,Snow,Soft skin,Sports mode,Starry sky,Sunset,Transform,Underwater
- White BalanceAuto,Cloudy (Preset),Daylight / Sunny (Preset),Halogen (Preset),Shade (Preset)
- Continuous Shooting Speed2.3 frames per second
Most relevant reviews
- actyerage02 May, 2016by
Raggy round the edges... Heart of gold!
Panasonic are a company who are loyal to their best designs. From the TZ1 to the TZ10, you'll hardly see a glitch in the visual appearance. Not only that, but they work well into old age. You can lift out circuit boards and use boards from similar models to repair them. If you want to pull an old digital apart in the hope of fixing it, Panasonic should be your choice.
Verified purchase: Yes
- amegarolex09 Aug, 2014by
greatest wee camera for idiots on the market delivering pro results
This is the sixth Lumix I have bought, As a former photographer from black and white days..I concider this the best small camera on the market. I have given one to my wife ,daughter, niece, her son, and granddaughter. If you want a camera you pick up ,turn on and press the take a foto button this camera is for you. It has a marvelous tele lens (once again just press the button). the camera also deletes much of the operators camera movement. In short this is a beginners camera with very big pro results. I just put it in my shirt pocket...pull it out n blaze away.
- gemcapri6301 Aug, 2014by
Very good all round camera,good value for money..
This camera has quite a high spec and good value for money,my experiance with PANASONIC DMC Models TZ6,8,and TZ25,loveum'easy to use lot's of extra's,Picture quality compare's favourably with the best. A lot of camera packed into a small package, Many Thank's..
- jcjhamjohn02 Jun, 2012by
This camera has exceeded my expectations.
The picture quality is appreciably better than other other digital cameras that I have owned and, although it is slightly bulkier, the quality of the lens & features far outweighs the larger size.
- klasa04028 Apr, 2012by
A great camera with loads of features.
This is a brilliant little camera. Our other main camera is a Canon EOS 400D and this takes comparable images. Overall really pleased with it and love the macro and the quality of the images taken on zoom lens.