CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £8.63Trending at £9.09
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £6.10Trending at £6.23
- £8.87Trending at £9.92
- £11.41Trending at £14.18
- £24.93Trending at £25.85
- £11.71Trending at £12.80
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication29/10/2012
- GenreMedicine: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number321
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight354 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byAaron I. Vinik
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1992
- Table Of ContentsSection One - Regulation Of Cell Growth And Development.- The Role of Growth Hormone and Prolactin in Beta-Cell Growth and Regeneration.- The Insulin-Like Growth Factor Family of Peptides, Binding Proteins and Receptors: Their Potential Role in Tissue Regeneration.- The Effects of IGF-I and IGF-II on Cell Growth and Differentiation in the Central Nervous System.- Growth Factor Expression in Normal and Diabetic Rats During Peripheral Nerve Regeneration through Silicone Tubes.- Oncogenes and Cell Growth.- Interferon - A Candidate Mediator of Cell Growth.- Section Two - Models for the Study of Cell Regeneration.- Islet Beta-Cell Regeneration and Reg Genes.- Factors Regulating Islet Regeneration in the Post-Insulinoma NEDH Rat.- Regeneration of Pancreatic Endocrine Cells in Interferon Gamma Transgenic Mice.- Trophic Stimulation of the Ductular-Islet Cell Axis: A New Approach to the Treatment of Diabetes.- Section Three - Induction of Cell Growth and Mechanisms.- Expression of Insulin-Like Growth Factors (IGFs) and Their Binding Proteins (IGF BPs) During Pancreatic Development in Rat, and Modulation of IGF Actions on Rat Islet DNA Synthesis by IGF BPs.- The Partial Isolation and Characterization of Ilotropin, A Novel Islet-Specific Growth Factor.- Expression of Growth Factors in a Pancreatic Islet Regeneration Model.- Role of p21ras in Hormone Signalling and Cell Growth Transformation.- Phosphoinositides and Cell Growth.- The Physiological STOP Pathway: Target Regulation of Axonal Growth.- Cell Calcium Regulation of Myosin I - A Motor for Membrane Movement.- Section Four - Pathogenic and Therapeutic Ramifications.- Amylin Expression in the Pancreatic Beta-Cell.- Studies of Composite Grafts of Fetal Pancreas (FP) and Fetal Liver (FL) in the Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Rat.- Contributors.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.