All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £34.32Trending at £38.10
- £21.99Trending at £26.65
- £14.49Trending at £14.94
- £25.15Trending at £26.66
- £5.98Trending at £6.77
- £13.99Trending at £15.31
- £10.42Trending at £13.45
About this product
- DescriptionAt the Royal Academy exhibition of 1794, Paul Sandby (1725-1809) exhibited his work A View of Vinters at Boxley, Kent, with Mr Whatman's Turkey Paper Mills . This book offers an analytic view on the painting, and also features other watercolours by Sandby and materials relating to the process of papermaking and to the Whatman family and its mill.
- Author BiographyTheresa Fairbanks Harris is Chief Conservator at the Yale Center for British Art and Paper Conservator at the Yale University Art Gallery. Scott Wilcox is Curator of Prints and Drawings at the Yale Center for British Art and author of numerous books on British watercolors. Stephen Daniels is Professor of Cultural Geography, Nottingham University, U.K. Michael Fuller is a retired paper mill chemist, who formerly worked for Whatman International PLC. Maureen Green is an independent paper historian.
- Author(s)Maureen Green,Scott Wilcox,Theresa Fairbanks Harris
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2006
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note20 b-w + 72 color illus.
- Weight929 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.