Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £23.08Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by speedyhenuk
- Est. delivery by 22 Aug
- £19.02Free P&P
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by revivalbooks
- Est. delivery by 28 Aug
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis authoritative edition of Milton's great epic, Paradise Lost, presents the poem in the original language (spelling and punctuation) of its 1674 publication. It thereby recovers pronunciations, sonorities, and rhythms often lost in modernized editions. Barbara K.
- Author BiographyBarbara K. Lewalski is William R. Kenan Jr. Professor of English Literature and of History and Literature at Harvard University. She is author of the definitive critical biography, The Life of Milton (Blackwell, 2000), which won the Milton Society of America s James Holly Hanford Book Award, and which has been widely celebrated. Her many other publications include Paradise Lost and the Rhetoric of Literary Forms (1985); Milton s Brief Epic: The Genre, Meaning and Art of Paradise Regained (1966); and Protestant Poetics and the Seventeenth-Century Religious Lyric (1979).
- Author(s)Barbara K. Lewalski,John Milton
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/08/2007
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight668 g
- Width180 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine21 mm
Most relevant reviews
- donnanook5206 Feb, 2016by
Lewalski's editing is masterful. Notes are comprehensive but not invasive.
A really readable publication. An excellent but non-invasive set of editorial notes as they occur in the text: enlightening and masterly. I would not change this for my old "classic" version.