All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA memoir of Africa recounting the experiences of Alma Gottlieb, an anthropologist, and Philip Graham, a fiction writer, as they lived in two remote villages in the rain forest of Cote d'Ivoire.
- Author BiographyAlma Gottliebis professor of anthropology at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. She is the author of The Restless Anthropologist, The Afterlife Is Where We Come From, and Under the Kapok Tree, all published by the University of Chicago Press.Philip Grahamisprofessor of creative writing at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, and also teaches at the Vermont College of Fine Arts. He is the author of seven books of fiction and nonfiction, including The Moon, Come to Earth, also published by the University of Chicago Press. Together they are the authors of Parallel Worlds: An Anthropologist and a Writer Encounter Africa.
- Author(s)Alma Gottlieb,Philip J. Graham
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication01/08/1994
- GenreCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Notexii, 336, 2 maps
- Weight509 g
- Width152 mm
- Height227 mm
- Edition Statement2nd ed.
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £22.45Trending at £23.39
- £36.00Trending at £38.56
- £27.92Trending at £28.21
- £27.19Trending at £29.68
- £25.66Trending at £27.89
- £23.42Trending at £29.79
- £23.46Trending at £23.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.