All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProvides parents with the skills they need to survive the teenage years. Shows how to apply common-sense techniques to prevent problems and provide support for growth and development. Helps achieve a good balance between protecting adolescents from serious trouble, while giving them enough freedom to try out new experiences.
- Author BiographyDr Gerald R. Patterson , Ph.D, is the founder of the Oregon Social Learning Center in Eugene, where he continues his distinguished career as a research scientist and principal investigator. He has devoted more than 40 years to the study of processes that disrupt family functioning and the development of coercion theory, a data-based schema that explains these processes. Dr. Patterson has published numerous scientific articles and book chapters and is the author of the best-selling parenting manuals Living with Children and Families . Living with Children was the first book published by Research Press. For Research Press publisher and founder Bob Parkinson and first-time author Gerald Patterson, the publication marked the beginning of careers dedicated to helping children learn and grow in an ever-changing world. Marion S. Forgatch , Ph.D., is a senior scientist and principal investigator at the Oregon Social Leaning Center, USA where she has assumed a major role in dissemination research. The focus of this new area of study is on adapting parent- management training strategies to mental health delivery systems. Dr. Forgatch has also designed and tested intervention programs for single mothers and stepparent families.
- Author(s)Gerald R. Patterson,Marion S. Forgatch
- PublisherResearch Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/2005
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationIL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintResearch Press Inc.,U.S.
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Psychology & Help
Save on Psychology & Help
- £33.23Trending at £33.79
- £8.19Trending at £8.51
- £33.52Trending at £41.99
- £6.29Trending at £7.46
- £11.98Trending at £12.99
- £29.70Trending at £30.21
- £3.89Trending at £6.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.