All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.36Trending at £4.51
- £9.51Trending at £9.95
- £2.70Trending at £4.00
- £8.89Trending at £10.49
- £6.35Trending at £7.34
- £9.81Trending at £12.44
- £7.48Trending at £8.16
About this product
- DescriptionParenting by people with intellectual disabilities is a new field of study. Bringing together the research from different disciplines, this is an accessible and up-to-date examination of this growing field.
- Author BiographyGwynnyth Llewellyn is Professor and Dean of the Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Sydney, and Director of the Australian Family and Disability Studies Research Collaboration. Professor Llewellyn's work led to the world's first national strategy to support parents with learning difficulties and promote a healthy start to life for their young children. <p>Rannveig TraustadA³ttir is Professor and Director of the Centre for Disability Studies in the School of Social Sciences, University of Iceland. She has been one of the leaders in developing Disability Studies as a scholarly field in the Nordic countries and is the former president of The Nordic Network on Disability Research. <p>David McConnell is Professor in the Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Alberta. Professor McConnell has been conducting research in the field of parents and parenting with intellectual disabilities in Australia for over 15 years. He is now expanding his research program in Canada. <p>Hanna BjA¶rg SigurjA³nsdA³ttir is an Assistant Professor at the University of Iceland. She has conducted collaborative research with parents with intellectual disabilities for 15 years. Together with Rannveig Traustadttir she has published Contested Families: Parents with Intellectual Disabilities and Their Children (1998) and Invisible Families: Mothers with Intellectual Disabilities and Their Children (2001).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication13/04/2010
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight444 g
- Width156 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byDavid McConnell,Gwynnyth Llewellyn,Hanna Bjorg Sigurjonsdott,Rannveig Traustadottir
- Foreword bySteven J. Taylor
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.