Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.32Trending at £23.90
- £66.16Trending at £91.99
- £9.68Trending at £10.05
- £14.25Trending at £14.98
- £16.59Trending at £25.28
- £22.22Trending at £23.50
- £10.38Trending at £10.88
About this product
- DescriptionIncludes five essays that explore aspects of this influence on the artistic and architectural environment of Washington, DC, which continued long after the well-known contributions of Peter Charles L'Enfant, the transplanted French military officer who designed the Paris' plan.
- Author BiographyCynthia R. Field is an architectural historian and the chair of the Office of Architectural History and Historic Preservation, associate director of the Office of Physical Plant at the Smithsonian Institution, and coauthor of The Castle: An Illustrated History of the Smithsonian Building. Isabelle Gournay is an associate professor of architecture at the University of Maryland, College Park, and author of Le Nouveau Trocadero and the AIA Guide to the Architecture of Atlanta. Thomas P. Somma is the director of the Mary Washington University Galleries at Mary Washington University in Fredericksburg, Virginia, and author of The Apotheosis of Democracy, 1908-1916: The Pediment for the House Wing of the United States Capitol.
- PublisherOhio University Press
- Date of Publication13/11/2007
- Series TitlePerspective on Art & Architect
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOhio University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byCynthia R. Field,Isabelle Gournay,Thomas P. Somma
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.