All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Shelley Peterman Schwarz
- PublisherDemos Medical Publishing
- Date of Publication06/06/2006
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDemos Medical Publishing
- Width152 mm
- Height152 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsContents: Basic Concepts for Living with Parkinson's Disease. Staying Positive While Living With Parkinson's Disease; Basic Concepts For People Who Help People With PD; Resources. Making Your Home Safe and Accessible. Light and Light Switches; Safety; Doorknobs, Doors, and Doorways; Under Lock and Key; Ramps, Railings, Stairs, and Grab Bars; The Kitchen; The Bathroom; The Bedroom; Furniture and Floor Coverings; Resources. Looking Good, Feeling Better. Grooming; Choosing the Right Clothing; Dressing Tips; Dressing Aids and Simple Clothing Adaptations; Hosiery and Footwear; Resources. Communicating. Speaking Tips; Using Technology to Aid in Spoken Communication; Writing Tips; Keeping the Lines of Communication Open; Resources. Managing Mealtime Madness. In the Kitchen; Eating and Drinking Tips for People with Swallowing Difficulties; Resources. Empowering Yourself. Mobility and Exercise; Leisure and Recreational Activities; Improving Memory and Concentration. Handling Medical Issues. Record Keeping and Research; Doctors' Appointments; Medications; Managing Your Home Health Care; Resources. Getting Out and About. Errands and Outings; Car and Driving; Travel. Index.
- Author BiographyShelley Peterman Schwarz and her husband, Dave, live in Madison, Wisconsin. At the time of her diagnosis in 1979, Shelley was working part-time as a teacher of the deaf. Since 1985 she has published more than 300 articles and received numerous awards including the Mother of the Year from the Wisconsin Chapter of the National MS Society, the Partner in Health award from the Combined Health Appeal of America, and the Spirit of the American Woman award from J.C. Penney. Her nationally syndicated, Making Life Easier column appears in numerous newspapers and magazines across the country.
Best-selling in Family, Parenting & Relations
Save on Family, Parenting & Relations
- £15.50Trending at £20.99
- £9.49Trending at £10.16
- £6.92Trending at £9.08
- £9.99Trending at £11.99
- £15.93Trending at £19.99
- £15.74Trending at £17.36
- £9.56Trending at £9.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.