All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExploring the presence and meanings of these birds in the art, literature, and history of Western civilization, Parrot Culture traces the unusual history of parrots from their introduction in the Graeco-Roman world, through the great age of New World exploration, to the contemporary ecological crisis of globalism.
- Author BiographyBruce Thomas Boehrer is Bertram H. Davis Professor of English at Florida State University. A life-long parrot fancier, he is the author of Shakespeare Among the Animals: Nature and Society in the Drama of Early Modern England and The Fury of Men's Gullets: Ben Jonson and the Digestive Canal.
- Author(s)Bruce Thomas Boehrer
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication09/03/2010
- GenreLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Content Note49 illus.
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.45Trending at £4.83
- £3.64Trending at £3.72
- £4.24Trending at £4.78
- £22.29Trending at £23.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.99
- £19.24Trending at £19.71
- £10.20Trending at £10.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.