Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.92Trending at £24.50
- £40.17Trending at £44.44
- £27.28Trending at £27.76
- £12.69Trending at £13.18
- £20.30Trending at £26.98
- £16.38Trending at £16.77
- £21.17Trending at £24.44
About this product
- Author(s)Maurizio Spurio
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication07/10/2014
- Series TitleAstronomy and Astrophysics Library
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note141 black & white illustrations, 49 colour illustrations, 16 black & white tables, biography
- Weight991 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Table Of ContentsPreface.- 1 An Overview of Astroparticle Physics.- 2 The Cosmic Rays and our Galaxy.- 3 Direct Cosmic Rays Detection: Protons, Nuclei, Electrons and Antimatter.- 4 Indirect Cosmic Rays Detection: Particle Showers in the Atmosphere.- 5 Diffusion of Cosmic Rays in the Galaxy.- 6 Acceleration Mechanisms and Galactic Cosmic Ray Sources.- 7 Ultra High Energy Cosmic Rays.- 8 The Sky Seen in gamma-Rays.- 9 The TeV Sky and Multiwavelength Astrophysics.- 10 High-Energy Neutrino Astrophysics.- 11 Atmospheric Muons and Neutrinos.- 12 Connections between Physics and Astrophysics of Neutrinos.- 13 Microcosm and Macrocosm.- Index.
- Author BiographyMaurizio Spurio is a Professor of Physics at the University of Bologna where he teaches Particle and Astroparticle physics. With his research he is involved in experimental physics, with particular interest in high-energy physics without particle accelerators and astroparticle physics. He was member of the MACRO experiment at Gran Sasso underground laboratory, which provided a deep study of the penetrating component of the cosmic radiation including the observation of atmospheric neutrino oscillations. Since 2001 he is member of the ANTARES experiment (the first neutrino telescope in the sea), currently in charge as deputy spokesperson. Professor Spurio has already co-authored/edited 4 Springer books.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.