All listings for this product
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £27.52Trending at £27.88
- £26.61Trending at £28.16
- £25.66Trending at £27.88
- £23.42Trending at £30.03
- £22.38Trending at £26.09
- £19.28Trending at £20.71
- £17.29Trending at £22.19
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides teachers and leaders with the how to by focusing on the impact of building collaborative relationships, clarifying criteria for success, building learner capacity, embedded formative assessment, and using feedback to deepen and prove learning.
- Author BiographyMary Jane O'Connell brings a unique practitioner's perspective to her work with educators. She has seven years of classroom teaching experience and over twenty years of experience as a building principal in year-round schools ranging in size from 450 to 980 students. Since 2007, she has served as a consultant working with teachers at all levels, building administrators, and central office staff in a variety of urban, suburban and rural settings. Mary Jane has presented numerous seminars throughout the United States and volunteered for two weeks in Zambia to work with college professors desirous of improving their teacher-training programs. It is particularly rewarding when there is an opportunity to establish a relationship and partnership with others that leads to significant increases in student learning. Mary Jane holds a Bachelor's degree in Sociology from the University of California, Northridge and a Master's degree from the University of Colorado in Educational Administration. Mary Jane has personal experience with year-round education, opening new schools, and has implemented the principles of Continuous Quality Improvement embedded in the National Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence. Sedalia, Colorado is home for Mary Jane. In addition to being an avid reader and worldwide traveler, she enjoys the winters skiing with family and friends. During the summer months Mary Jane and her husband live near Big Sky, Montana on the Gallatin River. They are fly fishing enthusiasts and open their home to many friends who share their passion for fishing. The O'Connells have four grown children, three grandchildren, and two Labradors who continue to keep the household buzzing with excitement. Kara Vandas is an educator at heart and has an enduring passion for learning and supporting and fostering learning for others. She began her career in education at a private school for high-need and at-risk youth. Her desire was to enable students to see and realize their true potential. Kara spent several more years in the classroom in public education as a middle and high school educator and then transitioned to coaching and professional learning positions that allowed her to support teachers and leaders. Her current role as a consultant takes her around the country to partner with schools and school districts. Her work has also taken her outside of the US as well to Ecuador and the US Virgin Islands. Kara holds a Bachelor's degree in Biology from the University of Wyoming and a Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction from Regis University. She has worked in K-12 education for over 15 years with a focus in instruction, curriculum design, using data to drive instruction, science education, learning environments, formative assessment, Visible Learning, and more. She also volunteers as a board member at her child's local charter school, where she and her family live in Castle Rock, Colorado. She loves the outdoors and spends much of her free time with family and friends.
- Author(s)Kara L. Vandas,Mary J. O'Connell
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication08/05/2015
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.