All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication04/12/2014
- GenreManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byNicholas C. Torres,Richard J. Cohen,Tine Hansen-Turton
- Author BiographyTine Hansen-Turton MGA, JD, FCCP, FAAN, is founding Executive Director/CEO, Convenient Care Association (CCA), Philadelphia, USA; a national for-profit trade association of 1200 emerging private-sector based retail clinics that provide basic primary health care to over 17 million people nationally. She also serves as Vice President, Health Care Access and Policy for Public Health Management Corporation (a non-profit public health institute with 30 years in managing and consulting for other non-profit organisations), and as CEO, National Nursing Centers Consortium (where she oversees the growth and development of 250 nurse-managed health centres, serving more than 2.5 million clients). Tine is adjunct faculty, Fels Institute of Government and LaSalle University, USA. She publishes in leading peer-reviewed professional health care and legal journals and is a regular presenter at local, state and national health care conferences. She is co-author of Springer's Community and Nurse-Managed Health Centers: Getting them Started and Keeping them Going, an AJN Book of the Year Award Winner, and Nurse-managed Wellness Centers: Developing and Maintaining Your Center. Ms Hanson-Turton has received several advocacy and leadership awards, including the 2005 Eisenhower Fellowship and the American Express Next Gen Fellowship by the Independent Sector in 2010. She also recently received the Philadelphia Business Journal 40 under 40 Leadership Award and was named one of the 101 emerging Philadelphia connectors by Leadership Philadelphia, USA. Nicholas D. Torres, MEd, is CEO of Education Plus Academy and an adjunct faculty member at the University of Pennsylvania's Fels Insitute of Government, USA. He is co-founder and publisher of the Philadelphia Social Innovations Journal and Lab, and President of Education Plus, Inc. Previously, Nicholas founded and chaired Pan American Academy Charter School and served as President of Congreso de Latinos Unidos, where he initiated a K-college continuum of educational services; launched mental health and primary care as part of its integrative approach; standardized a model of case management across child welfare, welfare to work, health, behavioural health, workforce and education services; and aligned the organization through standardized outcome measurements. Mr. Torres is an Eisenhower Fellow and serves on the boards of the Free Library of Philadelphia, Children's Scholarship Fund, After School Partnership, and Greentree Foundation. Richard J. Cohen, PhD, FACHE is recognized nationally as an authority in the public health management arena. He is the CEO of Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC), where he leads 1,400 employees, over 250 public health programs, and numerous subsidiary organizations that have become affiliated with PHMC during more than 20 years of mergers and acquisitions. Under his watch, the organization has expanded more than seventy-fivefold and continues to grow, with a current operating budget of approximately $180 million. Dr. Cohen has devoted his professional life to the needs of Philadelphia, USA and the surrounding region while playing a critical role at a national level as well.
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £6.89Trending at £10.87
- £66.36Trending at £80.00
- £109.35Trending at £140.00
- £26.10Trending at £27.89
- £25.67Trending at £27.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.