Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- £4.49Free P&P
- Like New condition
- Sold by robertc9037
- Est. delivery by 19 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith PARTY MONSTER, directors Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato (THE EYES OF TAMMY FAYE) rework their 1999 shockumentary into a feature film. Based on the book by James St. James, PARTY MONSTER tells the lurid tale of Michael Alig (Macauley Culkin), a self-made party promoter who made a big splash in New York City nightclubs in the 1980s and early '90s. Told in shifting perspectives between Alig and James (an utterly fabulous Seth Green), the film recounts the events that eventually landed Alig in jail for manslaughter. The story begins like so many others: an innocent, fresh-faced Midwesterner arrives in New York City with dreams of superstardom. And after a brief bit of struggling, Michael turns his fantasy into a reality. Soon, the confident youngster is the toast of the town, throwing parties at the infamous Limelight for owner Peter Gatien (Dylan McDermott). But eventually he succumbs to drug abuse and paranoia, which climaxes in the murder of his drug dealer Angel (Wilson Cruz). Bailey and Barbato recreate this wild moment in history with glee, and they pack their film with enough celebrity firepower (Chloe Sevigny, Natasha Lyonne, Marilyn Manson) to glamourise the story even further.
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2005
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Running Time98 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- andrenea20 Jul, 2016by
Based on the book Disco Bloodbath by James St James. As surreal as the real Club Kids. I enjoyed this DVD, very off the wall.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- collagengirl225 Jan, 2009by
PARTY MONSTER RULES
Its soooo cooool. I love love love club kids. And this film always gets you in a creative mood. It makes you feel so happy and its truely the best film for someone who loves dressing differently from the crowd. And it has amazing songs in it.
- spidersforever!03 Apr, 2008by
this is a good film, a tad cheesy in parts but funny none the less. life in the 80's with drugs - what is there you can say about this? this film is pretty much about a guy that comes to new york looking for something and finds someone and gets hooked on drugs along the way, marylin manson is cool in this film but could have been in it more. worth watching tho.
- 581964651@delet...06 Jun, 2007by
Very nice indeed. Very quick delivery A++
I bought this for a friend, and he was extremely pleased with the film. It was an excellently well packaged thing. I watched the film myself and thought it was great. He now has his film proudly in front of his massive dvd collection
- 5167e87433da6ac...14 Dec, 2006by
Party Monster DVD. Bizarrew true story film.
It was a great film, if a little bizarre. I had been wanting to watch it for ages and then I decided why not look on Ebay. The film stars Seth Green as a rather camp club kid who takes Macauly Culkin as his understudy. Culkin's character soon upstages Green's and in the end his drug fuelled lifestyle leads to murder. Very good quality DVD and was exactly as described by the seller.
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £3.99Trending at £4.06
- £6.99Trending at £12.94
- £19.35Trending at £19.71
- £4.89Trending at £5.01
- £15.45Trending at £17.27
- £8.46Trending at £16.93
- £12.95Trending at £13.20