All listings for this product
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £100.00Trending at £103.09
- £12.49Trending at £13.24
- £17.75Trending at £19.60
- £15.98Trending at £16.68
- £9.97Trending at £13.18
- £9.45Trending at £9.74
- £8.22Trending at £9.57
About this product
- DescriptionFounded by Ignatius Loyola in 1540, the Society of Jesus remains the largest and most controversial religious order of men in Catholicism. This book draws on interviews and statements gathered from more than four hundred Jesuits and former Jesuits to provide an intimate look at turmoil among Catholicism's legendary best-and-brightest.
- Author BiographyPeter McDonough is Professor Emeritus of Political Science at Arizona State University. He is author of Men Astutely Trained: A History of the Jesuits in the American Century (1992) and Power and Ideology in Brazil (1981) and coauthor of The Cultural Dynamics of Democratization in Spain (1998). Eugene C. Bianchi is Professor Emeritus of Religion at Emory University. He is author of Elder Wisdom: Crafting Your Own Elderhood (1994) and coeditor of A Democratic Catholic Church (1992).
- Author(s)Eugene C. Bianchi,Peter McDonough
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2003
- GenreChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note6 line figures, 10 tables
- Weight463 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.